A Formuler box is an amazing media device. It looks stylish and everyone’s talking about it. And now, you’ve got one for yourself too. But how do you enjoy it to the fullest? IPTV is the obvious answer.
With IPTV for Formuler Box, you have literally a myriad of choices when it comes to the form of content you usually consume or what your go-to entertainment is.
IPTV works on the internet through playlist files that usually end in the “m3u” extension. You need your own playlist files to play IPTV on any device that supports IPTV, and the Formuler box is no exception.
With that, we have the first step you need to take.
Get Your Playlists
There are many sources to obtain interesting IPTV playlists from the internet. Many are free, while some paid services also exist.
Once you have your fix, you need:
- Either the URL of M3U playlist files
- Or the files themselves, downloaded and ready on a USB stick
If you have a subscription IPTV service, you’ll need to share your Formuler box’s MAC address to the service provider from your account/dashboard, and they can then activate it.
Streaming Your IPTV Content On The Formuler Box
Formuler’s dedicated IPTV app called MyTV Online 2 is why people go for the box in the first place for IPTV streaming. This is a robust and fast app that isn’t available on any other device.
The MyTV Online 2 app is what you’d be using to stream IPTV content via the Formuler box.
- Open the MyTV Online 2 app.
- Go to Connections. There are two methods here: “Add Portal” and “Add m3u Playlist”.
- “Add Portal” is for those who have a subscription. Depending on which subscription you have, you’ll need to input details like username, password, playlist URL, etc. Instructions for your subscription service can be found on their official website.
- “Add m3u Playlist” is the option we’re going to use for IPTV streaming in general. Once you select that, a new interface will slide into view.
- Enter a nickname for the playlist. You’ll then need to type in the URL of the M3U playlist you want to play.
- Alternatively, if you have a playlist file downloaded, choose the folder icon and browse for it. You can store your m3u files on a USB stick and choose the playlist file from there – the browser will automatically scan for any m3u files on your storage and show you the list.
- Select Connect.
- After a brief pause and a loading bar, the app will automatically load up the first channel from the playlist. You can go back to see the entire channel list and choose the one you want to stream.
And … that’s it! You’ve set up IPTV on your Formuler box and are ready to enjoy your favourite content.
Some Of The Features Of The Formuler Box’s IPTV Service
The Formuler box is a very good streaming device for enjoying your favourite IPTV channels and content. How? It comes with a bunch of features that are ideal for internet streaming.
- The Formuler box is very easy to set up.
- Recording IPTV content is effortless.
- The remote control comes with four programmable hotkeys, one of which you can use to directly launch any app.
- You can make and edit groups of apps on the home screen depending on your usage and preferences.
- Switching between channels is a breeze.
- IPTV with picture-in-picture mode, recording to a USB device, creating personal channel groups, etc. are all amazing features.
- The box supports 4K, and the video quality is amazing regardless of whether the source video is 4K or 1080p.
- The interface loads up quickly.
- The device itself is compact and sleek.
- Formuler box comes with many useful features such as managing favourites.
- It’s based on Android and is robust in terms of security and stability.
The primary reason why IPTV enthusiasts prefer Formuler boxes such as Z8, Z Alpha, or the Z+ Neo is the MyTV Online 2 app. This app is very intuitive and user-friendly.
It makes it very easy to stream your favourite IPTV content from m3u playlist files or URLs.