IPTV on your Android tablet is a great way to stream your favourite shows, films, and entertainment channels all from within your palm.
Long gone are the days when the only means to palm-sized entertainment was transferring videos to your tablet. With IPTV, you can do much more.
Time to transform your tablet into a television based on the internet!
What Is IPTV and How Does It Work On Your Tablet?
For this guide, we’re going to assume you have an Android-based tablet. Though things are pretty much the same for iPads as well as other types of tablet devices including Windows ones.
IPTV is basically internet-based television, a modern alternative to satellite and cable television.
Any device that can access the internet today is equipped with the technology to stream IPTV.
Whether via a third-party dedicated app (like Netflix or Amazon Prime) or a media player that supports IPTV playlists (M3U files).
As IPTV works through a typical internet connection, you don’t need a set-top box or media streamer of any kind (which is the case when streaming IPTV services on televisions).
Benefits Of IPTV For Tablet
A tablet is traditionally considered an entertainment device. In simpler terms, it’s not as utility-focused as a phone.
That being so, you’ve got to know that tablets are meant for games, films, and videos in general. Sort of a media device thanks to its larger screen.
With that in mind, the obvious conclusion one would derive is that IPTV is the ideal way to stream your entertainment content on a tablet.
IPTV offers a wide range of channels. Everyone can find something that’s to their liking. From cartoon shows and science channels to sports, news, films, and drama – the choices are virtually endless on IPTV.
Many IPTV playlists (both free and paid ones) offer an amazing selection of channels to enjoy that coveted television experience.
And what better way to enjoy that entertainment than on your tablet?
With IPTV, you’re not limited to the channels that a cable provider picks as per their discretion and convenience. IPTV is truly limitless in terms of the choice one has for their preferred type of entertainment content.
How To Stream IPTV On Your Tablet
Streaming IPTV requires a media player that supports the technology. There are several out there on the Play Store, available for free.
We’ll go with the best and most user friendly of the lot because a lot of you are beginners.
Go to the Play Store and search “IPTV”. The first result will ideally be the app with the name of IPTV itself, developed by Alexander Sofronov. Download and install it.
Once done, follow these simple steps:
- Download an IPTV playlist (or buy one) online. You can do a simple search to find a playlist that you like. There are plenty of choices for IPTV playlists, so you’ll find something to your liking for sure.
- Note that each such playlist will be a downloadable file that ends in the “.m3u” file extension. Also, these playlists are not single channels, but a group of many channels, sometimes thousands of them. Alternatively, you can also copy the URL of these files, without downloading them. IPTV can work both ways: from the downloaded M3U playlist file or the direct URL of the file.
- Open the IPTV app.
- You’ll see a blank interface. Tap the “+” button on the top-right corner of the screen.
- You’ll be presented with two options: Add URL and Select File.
- If you’re adding the URL directly, choose the first one. If you’ve downloaded an M3U file, choose the latter and browse for the downloaded file.
- Once done, wait for the channels from the playlist to load up. This can take a few moments.
- Once the channel list opens up, choose any channel you want to stream and that’s it, you’ve set up IPTV on your tablet!
Streaming IPTV content on an Android tablet is fairly straightforward. All you need as prerequisites is an app that can play IPTV playlists and a playlist itself.
The app we’ve shown you additionally supports XSPF playlists, which are another way to stream IPTV channels.