As IPTV streaming becomes more popular, it’s only natural to wonder what devices you can use to watch IPTV. While you can get a dedicated IPTV box, wouldn’t it be more convenient to use a device you already have?
Many people wonder if you can watch IPTV through gaming consoles like Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The good news is that you absolutely can!
Is There Anything Special About Watching IPTV Through Xbox?
Because the Xbox One and 360 are such different pieces of hardware from the standard IPTV box, people assume that they must operate differently when streaming IPTV.
IPTV on Xbox is, for the most part, identical to using any other device. You’ll have to jump through a few hoops to get started, but you won’t notice a difference when you get the service up and running.
How to Install IPTV on Xbox
Xbox consoles are similar to Smart TVs and phones in that they have an app store where you download and install apps and software.
The Xbox Live Store is where you’ll find the media player that lets you stream IPTV content straight to your gaming console. There are a few to choose from, but the most popular – and the ones we’ll be focusing on – are MyIPTV Player and Kodi Media Player.
How to Install MyIPTV Player
- Connect your Xbox One to the internet and open the Apps section.
- Search for “MyIPTV Player” and find the player in the results.
- Install the app and launch it when finished.
- Open the settings menu.
- Find the “Manage Playlist and EPG” section and then “add new playlist and EPG source”.
- Enter a name for the playlist, such as the name of the IPTV provider, in the Remote Channels section.
- Enter the M3U link for the IPTV provider into the box and choose “Add Remote List.”
- Scroll down to the Program Guide section and enter an EPG Source Name, which will be the same as the name for the Remote Channel list. Your IPTV provider should give you a source URL to enter. Put the information in and click Add EPG Source.
- Return to the Settings page.
- Find the Select Channel Playlist section and choose the M3U playlist. Refresh the page and you should have a notification that the Channels page was updated.
- Go back to the EPG Source settings and choose Select Your Source and then hit Refresh. It may take a minute for the EPG source to download and you’ll get a notification when it’s done.
- Open the Channel and EPG settings and enable “refresh remote channel list on app launch” and “Download EPG when no data available on current data”.
- Go back to the home page for MyIPTV player and open the Channels section. You should see the full list of IPTV channels, letting you choose one to watch.
How to Install Kodi Media Player
- Connect your Xbox to the internet and open the Xbox Games Store.
- Search for “Kodi Media Player” and install it.
- Launch the app and open the Add-Ons menu, which is to the left side of the main menu.
- Open the Downloads menu and choose PVR Clients.
- Scroll down until you find the PVR IPTV Simple Client and open it.
- Open the Install menu. The installation should only take a moment.
- Right-click PVR IPTV and then “Information”.
- Click on “Configure” to open the Settings page. Enter the M3U URL from the IPTV service provider in the box labelled “General”.
- Click on the EPG Settings section and add the EPG Source URL from the IPTV provider.
- You’ll have to restart the Kodi Media Player app to apply the new changes.
- When the app restarts, click the TV Channels icon. You should see a list of all your IPTV channels. Choose a channel and get watching.
IPTV is an easy and convenient way to watch the programs and channels you want. Installing IPTV on Xbox is easier than it sounds.
There are some steps to go through, but all these steps are easy and turn your console into an IPTV box, which is easily worth the effort. Have fun watching IPTV on Xbox with some help from our guide!