Mag set-top boxes have slowly become one of the most popular IPTV devices in the UK. Here at IPTV Compare, our compiled research on Mag devices has uncovered some interesting benefits for everyone looking to stream their favourite content.
Although there are some major benefits that these IPTV set-top boxes hold, there are critical factors that you need to consider when purchasing the correct streaming box for your situation.
In this blog, we’ll be going through exactly what a Mag box is, the key features you need to understand and the benefits that will unfold when utilising this popular TV box.
What is a Mag Box?
In regards to what a Mag box is, Infomir (a well-known internet protocol television company) has created this brand of set-top boxes that allow users to watch live and on-demand content from around the world on Android TVs and Linux devices.
Founded in 2001, these unique IPTV boxes are now widely renowned as bigger than just the UK. They’re now being delivered to 150 countries! Moreover, with a plethora of opposing models, you can choose the set-top box that suits your circumstances in the best manner.
With access to IPTV functions, these universal, user-friendly Mag set-top boxes allow you to stream all of your favourite channels in ultra-high-quality (4K). A Mag box will also come with a remote control (as it is a set-top box), giving you the freedom to explore the TV guide with ease.
Acquiring an IPTV subscription and operating it with any of the given ‘Mag models’ has served their customers sufficiently with over 20+ years of experience in this field, making it one of the most established IPTV technology companies out there!
Features of a Mag Box
Well, with there being an extensive range of different Mag models, each one will have its features and benefits that will help customers on an individual basis. However, we are going to break down the main features that we’ve found in each Mag box that you can expect.
As you’ll notice if you purchase one of these IPTV boxes, the interface and menus are easy to use. This is one of the most crucial elements to a customer liking their product and finding success with it.
If the initial results are not user-friendly, it becomes difficult to persuade the users to continue to use your product. Nonetheless, each Mag box has a simple set-up procedure, whether that be for your television or the internet.
The step-by-step instructions provided are easy to follow and will not become confusing for the average consumer. Additionally, like any brand that continues to bring out models, they will always promise a ‘faster’ or more ‘powerful’ device, which, in some cases, never happens.
However, with the updated Mag boxes, you will notice that each enhanced model reciprocates the message of Infomir. Therefore, you will consistently receive a superior version.
Yet, with every model, you will only need to give your MAC address from underneath your Mag box and code in and you’ll be set and ready to explore the wide range of content on your IPTV subscription.
Pros and Cons of a Mag Box
Before you jump the gun and make this outright purchase, it is still crucial to take into consideration the pros and cons of your individual needs. What could be the ideal set-top box for streaming IPTV content could experience a problem with a certain aspect of its features.
Pros of a Mag Box
With the Mag box being a set-top box, it is often compared to a smart TV in terms of its capabilities. Below is a list of benefits you will experience when you purchase any variation of a Mag box:
- Affordable: Compared to their counterparts (smart TVs), set-top boxes are typically a fraction of the price and a Mag box is no different. Hence, if you’re looking for an affordable device to partner with your IPTV subscription, a Mag Box is your answer.
- Speed: With some IPTV devices, you will notice slow loading times or it will take a while to complete an update. However, with a Mag box, when you connect your Mag to your TV, Wi-Fi, and the menus you need, you’ll be connected within mere minutes of opening it up.
- The number of options: If you’re struggling to choose a set-top box, after going through all of the Mag Box models available, you will be able to find an option that suits exactly what you require, whether you have an Android TV, Linux, or many other operating systems.
Cons of a Mag Box
Although connecting your Mag box, the affordable nature, and the sheer number of variants they have – there are still some cons that we would like to notify you about before you make the all-important decision on buying. Here are some of the disadvantages we’ve noticed:
- Too many options: Although having a plethora of options is productive and will help the technology experts decide what is best for them, for the people who have no idea which one to choose, it may become confusing with all of these different alternatives.
- Black screen: In some cases, we’ve seen reviews say that they’ve experienced a black screen and don’t know how to fix it. Even though it is easily fixable, the common user will not know how to fix it; thus, if this occurs, it could become an issue.
If you’re looking to invest in IPTV services and you don’t know what device to pair them with, this is one of the many options that you can attest to. If the benefits suit what you desire, we would recommend you give it a shot, as it is a trusted and reliable device in our eyes.
If you have any problems with the set-up process, do not hesitate to reach out to our expert team, and we’ll gladly support you in your venture to experience optimal Mag Box connection along with viewing your desired content.